Author: Kaz Kylheku
To: kurt
CC: cygnal
Subject: Re: Mailing list active?

On 2023-08-26 10:00, kurt@va1der.ca wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.  I meant by dead that the link to the list archives was non-functional, so I wasn't sure if the list still even worked.  Glad to know it does.

Ah, right. I haven't drilled into the details of what is wrong here. I can see that the link doesn't work, but if I change HTTP to HTTPS, it then works for me.

There should be a HTTP to HTTPS redirect, but it's not working.

All the list-related pages (subscription page and whatnot) have HTTPS links, at least.

I had already found the Cygwin time machine.  I've managed to get a working Cygwin 3.2 on my system.  Unfortunately, the program I was trying to use with cygnal (httptunnel) causes cygnal to drop a core dump.  This had been happening on builds of httptunnel made on recent Cygwin, and I had suspected the difference in version between my Cygwin and the Cygnal version I was using.  But this is still happening even with httptunnel built on Cygwin 3.2, so it's not a version issue.

Ok, so this is (1) a new problem: previously you built httptunnel, and it worked over Cygwin and older Cygnal.

Now are you saying it works as a Cygwin 3.2 program on Cygwin, but not on Cygnal, including if you use Cygwin 3.2 from the time machine?