Author: Kaz Kylheku
To: TXR Users
Subject: Update of TXR 291 Windows installers

Hi All,

It came to my attention that the Windows installers require admin privilege.

I addressed that issue not only going forward by also for the current release.

https://www.kylheku.com/txr-downloads/txr-291-win-update/

The installer will not request admin privileges if the user is an administrator, otherwise not.

The default installation directory will vary accordingly: system programs folder versus local AppData.

Moreover, which PATH is edited also changes: the one in the HKLM registry hive versus HKCU.

The 32 bit installer also now defaults to C:\Program Files (x86) correctly (if in admin mode). For those who care.