Re: MP-1 Hum, Hiss, Troubleshooting

 new new list compose Reply to this message Top page
Attachments:
+ (text/plain)

Author: Kaz Kylheku
To: Benjamin Catchings
CC: ada-mp1
Subject: Re: MP-1 Hum, Hiss, Troubleshooting

On Wed, 28 Nov 2012 15:10:57 -0600, Benjamin Catchings
<jonahcrock@???> wrote:
> I found it. It sounds amazing now. By the way in my last email I
> meant the output
> level pot, it had been a very long day.

Nice work, great to hear that.

You mean open trace, not shorted, right?

The toasted resistor took out the copper running underneath it? Wow.

Yet, you didn't have to replace the transistors there ...

> my test signal source. I pulled the wiring for the rear jack, which
> by the way just runs
> straight to the front jack on mine and doesn't attach to the rear
> board at all, and

So you have the rear-jack mod. I heard these mods were done by ADA
themselves. Probably due to player demand to have a high-Z input in
the back, same as the front.

I suspected that. If you didn't have the mod, the symptoms couldn't
be exactly the same through either jack, given what the root cause
was.

> a good bit different from what I'm working with. I need to send you
> my little collection
> of MP-1 files since you have this archive up and going.

Please. By the way, I just hunted down some Microcab schematics
and put them up. I had to get two pieces of a multi-part Zip
archive from two different websites!